Since 1986 when I got my first computer, a Commodore 64, I've been locked into the Grid.
I've been around almost every aspect of home-computer programming including:
game-development, intro/demos, musiccomposing, graphical effects for both Commodore 64 and Commdore Amiga 500.
Today I work with PCs, smartdevices, SQL-databases and webdevelopment professionally.
Feel free to send me a mail if you have questions to my skills or wanna sign me up for a projectSend me a mail
My favorite site for game knowledge is Gamasutra
For many years I've been teaching others through the internet and privately about how to develop and program games.
I've always used PAC MAN as a good example of simple user-interfaces, easy level design and AI-movement.
But then I realized that I had never made one myself, so as a test project, I decided to build parts of a prototype with the free Unity3D game-engine to research how the engine works.Play NOM-NOM-NOM
An idea for a game using the accellerometer of most smartdevices. This prototype uses the mouse as control.
I tested the idea and found it quite boring and got some better ideas from the prototype itself.Test the control
This game engine was a prototype to see how I could produce long scrolling levels from tilemaps with the Unity3D engine. In the game you control a biplane with machinegun and bombs. On the ground you will meet tanks, bridges, houses, soldiers etc. and your job? guess...
A simple tilebased mapplotter I did in DirectX in 2001, to see if it would be usefull for building my turnbased Space Game.
I couldnt get alpha transparentcy on textures, so all shadows had to be made with dithered pixels (just as the Amiga version).
The map was 256x256 tiles and the doorways can open/close when clicked upon (as part of the gamedesign) and the pathfinding algorithmn was fast.
I made a quick spawn-function to enable the game engine to handle as many moving objects as I wanted, here is a snapshot from a test. 1000 soldiers were no match for todays hardware.
DirectX 3D, had to test how it worked as I knew it would let me use Alpha transparency.
The Interface for DirectX 3D was a mess. I was busy at work and never really got the hang of D3D as it was hiding the fun of creating games from me.
Switching from DirectX 3D to Unity3D was a relief. Finally there was a game engine that allows me to focus on the fun part of building a game, not writing my own 3D vector engine.
Just had to test its performance, so I build this quick and dirty prototype to see how many blocks/tiles the Unity3D could handle before it started to eat up all CPU/GPU ressources. The artwork was borrowed and is loaded dynamically as a texture.